Online Plant Auction Rules
1. To bid on auction items you must be registered with the Garden Shop
2. The minimum starting bid is pre-set. The minimum incremental bid amount is also pre-set for each item.
3. There is no “Proxy” bidding (pre-setting a total $ amount, you are willing to bid on an item). Every time you are out bid you will need bid again so keep watching and refreshing your page, especially in the final minutes of the auction.
4. Once you have placed a bid it is locked in. You can not edit or remove the bid. Please make sure you are committed to the purchase when bidding.
5. Popcorn Bidding: If a bid is placed within the last 3 minutes of an auctions closing time, the deadline will be extended by 3 minutes. There will only be 5 extensions for each item.
Winning an Auction
Thank you to BC Rare Tropical Plants for the kind and generous donations in support of the Toronto Botanical Garden.
1. If you have the winning bid, you will be required to pay for your auction item within three hours of auction close. If payment has not been received by this time, your bid will be disqualified and the next highest bidder will be informed they are now the winner of that auction item.
2. BC Rare Tropical Plants will be shipping your beautiful winnings directly to your home. Once you have paid for the auction item, we’ll forward your shipping address to BC Rare Tropical Plants and they will ship prize plant directly to you